Sunday, October 31, 2010

Battle of the Stores

Happy Halloween!
Today I went on an adventure to determine the best discount store in DC. I ventured to TJ Maxx, Loehmann's, Filene's Basement, Marshalls and Target (not really a "discount" store, but still has great clearance racks!). I wanted to see which store had the best over-all selection and prices. I was looking at everything but was specifically looking to buy a cozy PJ set for the impending cold winter nights ahead.
My first stop was TJ Maxx in Friendship Heights. The selection there was by far the best of the day. However, there were few sales racks (surprising for TJ's). Although the PJ section was lacking, there were many designer handbags and coats at the store. I also saw a lot of quality boots at decent prices. The best part was the great selection of Lilly Pulitzer stationary (notepads, pens, desk accessories etc. are my weakness). I have always wanted a fancy pen so I picked up this Lilly pen for only $10 (on the website they run for $20)
My next stop was Filene's Basement which wins the biggest dissapointment prize. There were NO sales (a woman who worked there told me the next sale wouldn't be until black friday) I don't know about you, but I can't wait that long! Although, the selection was decent, I left the store empty handed.

Next up was Loehmann's. There was great stuff there! In addition, there was also a medium-sized sale rack. I found a soft gray hoodie which will be perfect for class! The Loehmann's price tag said it retailed for $84 (these prices are sometimes inaccurate) and I got it on sale for $15.

Next on my journey was Marshall's in Columbia Heights. There was a lot of great stuff and decent sales but nothing really caught my eye.

Finally, I ended at Target. Here I found my PJS for $25!! How cute are they???!!!

I also love Target's dollar bins in the front of the store. I found this adorable basket for only 25 cents! It is great for extra storage for hair supplies/lotions! I put mine on top of my toilet!
And the winner is...TJ Maxx!
 Although I found my awesome PJ's at Target, I felt that TJ Maxx had the best selection and amount of designer pieces. I cannot wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment