Sunday, October 17, 2010

First Post!

In honor of my first post I went to my favorite consignment store in Washington D.C. in an attempt to find a great bargain to inaugurate my blog with! Although I was a tad disappointed with the selection (too much tweed) I managed to uncover an adorable blue and black BCBG top. It has an empire waist with velvet fabric and silk accents.  The downside of consignment stores is that because the clothes have already been worn, there are no original price tags. Thus, I cannot rejoice in being able to compare the original price to the actually price I am going to pay (my version of joy). However, because of the velvet, silk and the fact that it is a usually pricey brand I am going to take a bargainista-educated guess and say that the top would probably have sold for $80.00 to $100.00. And how much i did I get it for? $32.00!!
        I was also at Forever21 yesterday (where a true bargainista learns where to draw the line between fabulous and tacky) and I found a great necklace for an even greater price! This necklace was only $6.80. I cannot wait to wear it with a black wrap-dress or a dark purple top.
Thanks for reading and I will post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment