Thursday, November 11, 2010

Underated and Underused: the tragedy of packaging

So you know when you buy a cute necklace/shirt/pencil and it comes in an adorable box or tied with a ribbon? Well you pay for that too so you might as well put it to good use! I love turning packaging into cute decor!
Remember that Stila makeup set I got?
Well I took the makeup out and found myself with a cute plastic case which can be great for pencils and lipgloss! I then took some note cards I got at Target (8 for $1.99)
I then cute them up to fit inside the case, printed a monogram on the computer and taped them inside the case. Now I have an adorable makeup case!
So remember that Lilly Pulitzer pen?
Well I took the plastic top and made a cute desk sign to motivate me!
Then with the sides of the box I cute them into strips and lined the middle of my desk with the printed cardboard.
And those Vera Bradley binder clips?


 Well the top print was too cute to go to waste so I cut it into strips and lined the bottom of my desk lamp.
So remember, do your bland desk and the environment a favor and RECYCLE those packages!

No comments:

Post a Comment