Saturday, December 11, 2010

Spice Up Your Life!

Spice up your life! (and no, I'm not talking about the Spice Girls tune). Winter can sometimes be a huge downer. The weather is cold, finals are upon us and hat hair has officially returned as an epidemic. Thus, it is important to inject some happiness into your life, especially in the little things! By spicing up something simple, you can brighten up any space or mood! Here are a few simple ways I turned something simple into something that will make me smile every time I see it!
The other day I was painting my nails and out of boredom and curiosity decided to put the end of a pen into the nail polish that had puddled onto the sheet of paper I was using to protect my desk from spilled polish. Well it turned out great and I decorated a bunch of pens with different colored polishes!
Now my pens can match my nails! :)
I also love paper-clips so to make them more accessible and nicer to look at I cut out a circle of paper, drew a smiley face and placed the paper-clips around it like a sun! It definitely brightens up my desk!
Indulging once in a while can also spice up a bland day! An AMAZING cupcake shop, Crumbs, just opened in DC and I had to go! The cupcakes are HUGE and come in a bunch of original flavors! The ones pictured here are: Dark Chocolate, S'mores and Cookie Dough! Yum!
A candle can also add an extra "umph" to any space! I especially like seasonal ones like pumpkin and gingerbread!
Lip Gloss! A simple coat of sparkly lip gloss/balm/stick can brighten up your smile! My favorite is Philosophy lip gloss! It comes in great scents!
A cute magnet can also make a plain kitchen a warmer place to be! Love these!
I hope these tips will brighten up your day and get rid of those winter blues!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment